Penetrant testing [PT] can be used on all solid materials.
The method can be used to identify e.g. surface cracks, overlaps or pores in one step. In this course, the individual procedural steps and inspection, measuring and test equipment systems will be discussed. System and procedural checks will be dealt with at depth.
Bodies of standards such as EN ISO 3452-1 corresponding to the various industrial sectors and also lists of flaws and evaluation criteria will be presented.
- Safety Precautions
- Scientific fundamentals of penetrant testing
- Inspection equipment and media
- Monitoring the test system
- Evaluation of penetrant testing indications
- Bodies of standards relating to penetrant testing
- Specimen and flaw analysis
- Evaluation of discontinuities
EXAMINATION AND QUALIFICATION PROCESS
Exaninations will take place after training completion, according the EN ISO 9712 (EN 473), and following a sucessfull examination, the related Diploma / LEVEL Certificate, will be issued.